Workplace safety procedures Keep a safe distance from electrified or loaded circuits. Electricity sources and exposed circuits must be protected. Disconnect the gadget from the power source while it is being serviced or maintained. Before maintaining or repairing electrical equipment, turn off the power supply. Use the proper protective measures when working with live electricity.
Electricity is dangerous if it touches your skin. Always wear rubber-based shoes when working on an electrical job site. Make sure to wash your hands after handling wiring or other elements of the circuit board.
The main protection against electric shock is knowledge. The more you know about electricity, the better prepared you will be to avoid danger.
In conclusion, electric shock is one of those dangers that can never be ignored. It can happen in an instant, so always be careful how you handle wires and components.
Preventive Measures and Safe Work
4 Golden Safety Guidelines
What are the three things to avoid when working near an electrical outlet?
When working with electrical equipment, take care.
By taking a few simple measures, laboratory workers can drastically decrease electrical dangers. Before each usage, inspect the wiring of the device. Replace any broken or frayed electrical cables right away. When using electrical equipment, always utilize safe work procedures. Read warning labels carefully and follow instructions for proper storage and disposal handling.
Laboratory accidents cause about 100 deaths and over 3000 injuries per year. Electrical shocks are the most common type of accident in the laboratory, accounting for 20% of all injuries. Other common hazards include chemicals (27%), fires (20%) and falls (10%).
The risk of an electrical shock increases with each experiment you conduct. Therefore, it is important to take safety precautions before working with electricity. Use caution when connecting instruments to power sources, and don't leave circuits open or unattended. Also, use protection for your hands and feet, and keep hair away from your face when working with wires or cords.
Electricity is energy that can be used for good or evil. With enough voltage applied to a small piece of wire, it can break down or "arc" across a gap, causing heat and light. This process can destroy living tissue, which is why a shock from electricity can be so dangerous. The more conductive you are, the more easily you will receive a shock.
How to Keep Yourself Safe as an Electrician